How many times have you read a comment in a YouTube video and really wanted to reply, but you haven’t had the chance to save it?
You go out and come back a little later and try to find it again. Instead, you spend hours looking for it and never seem to remember where it was.
We’ve all been there. However, YouTube still needs to introduce a feature that allows users to look for a specific comment. Fortunately, there are a few ways you can find YouTube comments.
In this article, I will review different YouTube comment finder tools and discuss other ways to search for a specific comment, making navigating YouTube’s comment section easier.
Ready? Let’s Fly!
The Best YouTube Comment Search Finder Tools
With almost 2.6 billion monthly active users and over one billion hours of videos watched, YouTube has become the second-largest search engine in the world. So, it’s no surprise that many people actively share their thoughts on various YouTube videos.
But as comments pile up on a video, it’s becoming increasingly challenging to search for a particular one.
Well, not anymore.
Below are some of the best apps you can use to find a comment on YouTube:
1. YouTube Comment Finder (YTComment Finder).
This tool is if you want a straightforward, no-frills YouTube comment finder web app. As its name implies, it’s built for one thing—to find YouTube comments. The user interface is clean, with no ads or distractions.
This makes it easy to search YouTube comments any time you want, and the best part?
It’s totally free!
But if you enjoy the app, you have the option to buy the developer a coffee as a way to show your support.
Here’s how you can use this free YouTube comment finder:
- Go to the YouTube comment finder website.
- Once you’re at the homepage, you can use the search bar to look for the video on which you wish to search for comments. You can either type the title of the video, paste the URL of the video, or link to the YouTube channel. Then, click the Search button. This will open a new section.
- Under the Search the comments section, you will see the various data, including the YouTube video and channel name and the number of likes and comments. A new search query bar will also appear.
- You can type any word on this new search bar to search for what you’re looking for in the comment history. You also have the option to sort the order by time or relevance. Because of this, you can also use this app as a YouTube first comment finder.
Another free YouTube comment finder you can try is Hadzy. Like YouTube Comment Finder, it’s also ad-free and easy to use. The interface is user-friendly and intuitive. Besides searching for a specific reply, this app also allows you to analyze YouTube comments, such as tracking popular words used in the comment section and checking the most frequently posted questions.
You can also donate to the developer if this tool has helped you a lot in searching comments on YouTube.
Follow the steps below to view comments on YouTube through this web app:
- Before going to the Hadzy website, ensure you’ve copied the video URL you wish to search for comments on.
- Once the YouTube video URL is copied on your clipboard, head on to Hadzy.
- Then, paste the link on the text box provided or press the Paste from the clipboard button. This will initiate the comment finder app.
- On the next pop-up box, click Load Data. This will prompt the YouTube comments finder app to extract the comments and statistics of the video.
- Once done, the box will provide two options: View Comments and View Statistics.
- If you click the View Comments button, it will list all of the comments. Here, you can sort them from oldest to newest or vice versa, search by users, or only show comments with time. It also has a Pick a random comment feature, which chooses a random one for you.
- The View Statistics button will show you a word cloud of the most commonly used terms in the comment section. This feature will also show you the frequently asked questions and the top commenter of the video.
3. YouTube Studio (Within YouTube itself).
If you’re trying to make money on YouTube, YouTube Studio is the best app you can use to manage your channel. This app provides insight into your channel, including video analytics and comments.
It even has a dedicated comments tab that lets you view, delete, and respond to comments on your videos.
Here’s how you can use this tool:
- Visit the YouTube Studio website and log in to your YouTube account.
- On the left side navigation, look for the Comments tab and click it.
- From this page, you can see all the comments made on your YouTube channel, along with mentions of your account. You can also search for a specific one either by using the search box or filtering the comments.
- When you filter your comments, you can sort according to your action: Published, Held for review, Contains questions, Old previous comments, and I haven’t responded.
- You can also view the latest comments on your page and reply directly from the app instead of returning to your YouTube video.
Other Ways to Find YouTube Comments
Apart from using different websites to search for YouTube comments, there are other methods you can try to locate a specific response.
4. Using Keyboard Shortcuts.
If you dislike using YouTube comment finder tools, you can use this handy shortcut to locate the comment you need. You don’t even need to leave the YouTube video page; you have to press some keys, and you can sort through the comments.
- Go to the YouTube site on your browser.
- If you are not logged in, log in to your YouTube account.
- Then, search for the video you want to get comments from. Alternatively, you can paste the URL on your browser’s address bar if you have it with you.
- Once you’re on the YouTube video, press Ctrl + F on a Windows computer or Command + F on a Mac computer. A search bar will appear on the top part of your browser.
- Alternatively, you can press the three-dot icon on the top-right corner of your browser and press Find.
- Next, type in the word or phrase you’re searching for and press Enter. Then, the browser will highlight the words or group of words containing the texts you typed. If it has multiple results, continue pressing Enter until you find what you’re looking for, or scroll through the page.
5. Using a Browser Extension.
If a keyboard shortcut is still confusing, another way to search YouTube comments is through YouTube comment finder browser extensions.
They work like the YouTube comment search apps mentioned above, and the only difference is that they’re installed on your browser rather than you visiting a website.
One extension you can use is the YCS – YouTube Comment Search browser extension. It is available on both Google Chrome and Firefox browsers.
It is free and easy to use. And since it’s an extension, the search option is added to the video page, making it easy to search for a YouTube comment.
It also has a sorting feature and an option to export comments, replies, chat, and more, making this an excellent comment-finder tool.
If you don’t know how to use the Chrome extension, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Chrome web browser on your computer.
- Then, visit this extension link to install the YCS extension.
- On the page, click the Add to Chrome button. This will open a dialogue box. From this box, click Add extension. It will automatically install the YouTube comment search tool.
- After that, the YCS YouTube comment search tool will be visible on every YouTube video you watch in your Chrome browser.
If you have a Firefox browser, here’s how you can install the YCS YouTube comment search extension:
- On your computer, open the Firefox browser.
- Visit this download link.
- Then, click the Add to Firefox button. This will open a dialogue box on the top part of the browser. From there, click Add. Firefox will automatically install the extension for you.
- Now, every YouTube video you visit on your Firefox will have a YCS comment finder on it.
YouTube Comment Finder FAQs
How Do You Find Someone’s Comments on YouTube?
If you need to look for someone’s comments on YouTube, you need two things to make the search easy-the video URL where the comment was made and the person’s username.
Some keywords from the comment are enough if you don’t know the username.
Of course, you can still use tools and apps to make things even easier for you, such as YouTube Comment Finder and Hadzy.
How Do I Find My Old YouTube Comments?
If you want to find all the comments you made on YouTube, follow these steps:
1. On your browser, visit the YouTube website and log in to your account.
Beside the YouTube logo, click the three lines menu found in the upper left corner.
2. Click History.
3. Under History, type on the right side of the page and click Community.
4. Click Comments under the Manage all history section. This will open a new window and will show you all the comments you’ve made on YouTube.
The keyboard shortcut is the most convenient method, as there is no need to install anything or visit a third-party website.
But if you need more than just locating a comment, then YouTube Comment Finder and Hadzy, as mentioned above, are great solutions.
Have you ever used any of the methods above to search comments on YouTube?
It’s time to be the pilot of your life and not just the passenger.
Chris Bournelis is a blogger, search engine optimization, and content marketing specialist. He has been working in the online business since 2015. Join him here at ChrisBournelis.com for the best SaaS reviews and tips to get the most out of your online business.