Haters and negativity can be a massive roadblock on the path to success. It’s easy to get put down by negative comments and criticism, but it’s important to remember that haters are a normal part of life and can often be a sign that you’re on the right track.
In times like these, it can be helpful to turn to the words of successful individuals who have faced their share of haters and come out on top.
From my own experience, I have found those who hate have this thing called jealousy and struggle with their own success.
So, whether you’re looking for a bit of motivation or encouragement to keep going, these haters quotes are sure to provide some much-needed inspiration to turn those dark clouds into bright lights.
The Best Quotes for the Haters to Help You Push Through and Succeed!
1. “Haters are just confused admirers because they can’t figure out the reason why everyone loves you.” – Jeffree Star
2. “I don’t hate you. I just hope you find some peace and happiness in your life because right now, you’re clearly not happy, and it’s affecting the way you treat others.” – Unknown
3. “Don’t worry about those who talk behind your back. They’re behind you for a reason.” – Unknown
4. “Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim.” – Unknown
5. “Haters are like crickets, they make a lot of noise, but they don’t get very far.” – Unknown
6. “Haters will see you do better and say it’s luck. Believe in yourself.” – Unknown
7. “Haters only hate the things they can’t have and the people they can’t be.” – Unknown
8. “Haters are just frustrated admirers because they can’t be you.” – Unknown
9. “Haters are a good problem to have. It means you’re doing something right.” – Unknown
10. “Haters are just people who want to bring you down to their level. Ignore them and keep rising.” – Unknown.
11. “Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.” – Nishan Panwar.
12. “I don’t dislike my haters; they dislike me. I’m doing nothing wrong, I’m just being me.” ― Jamie Lopez.
13. “Love your haters – they’re your biggest fans.” ― Kanye West.
14. “To anyone that ever told you you’re no good.. they’re no better.”― Hayley Williams.
15. “Haters can be your ultimate fuel source… don’t (sic) kill them with kindness, torture them with success!” – David Goggins.
16. “I won’t cry for you; my mascara’s too expensive.”― Adriana Lima.
17. “Haters are the people who will broadcast your failures and whisper your success.” ― Will Smith
18. “Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain… and most do.” ― Dale Carnegie.
19. “Haters don’t hate you… The reality is, they fear that they will never be able to get to where you are right now.” ― Leah Remillet.
20. “The best way to counter-attack a hater is to make it blatantly obvious that their attack has had no impact on you.” ― Tim Ferris
21. “In time, we hate that which we often fear.” ― William Shakespeare
22. “Some people have so little going on in their lives, they would rather discuss yours.” ― Unknown.
23. “Hating is the sincerest form of flattery.” ― Unknown.
24. “Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.” – Orrin Woodward.
25. “If nobody hates you, nobody knows you.” – Grant Cardone.
26. “One week they like me, the next week they hate me. Both weeks I get paid”. – Grant Cardone
27. “I’ve never improved my situation in life by critiquing another, so I have made it a policy to leave that to others.” – Grant Cardone
28. “Haters and bullies are always cowards, you know. They like to pick on little guys.” – Scylar Tyberius
29. “Wish all your enemies a long life, so they can see you succeed in life.” – Nishan Panwar
30. “Let them hate. Just make sure they spell your name right.” – Harvey Specter
31. “Behind every successful person lies a pack of haters.” – Eminem
32. “Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King
33. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
34. “Most haters are stuck in a poisonous mental prison of jealousy and self-doubt that blinds them to their own potentiality.” — Steve Maraboli
35. “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” – George Washington Carver
36. “Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.” – Robert Tew
37. “Hate hurts the hater more’n the hated.” – Madeleine L’Engle
38. “They are just angry because the truth you speak contradicts the lie they live.” – Steve Maraboli
39. “Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive it will take their breath away.” – Tony Gaskins
40. “Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.” – Albert Einstein
41. “Those who pray for your downfall are concentrating negative thoughts towards you, without taking cognizance of the slippery ground in which they are standing, which could lead to their downfall.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
42. “Don’t give to anyone the power to put you down. Haters are losers pretending to be winners.” — Paulo Coelho
43. “The hated man is the result of his hater’s pride rather than his hater’s conscience.” – Criss Jami
44. “Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I’m just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off. I shake it off” – Taylor Swift (Shake it Off Lyrics)
45. “Don’t think that just because you made it to the next level that the haters and naysayers disappear. Remember, new levels bring new devils.” ― Steve Maraboli
46. “Dear haters, I have so much more for you to be mad at. Just be patient.” – Unknown
47. “Save your skin from the corrosive acids from the mouths of toxic people. Someone who just helped you to speak evil about another person can later help another person to speak evil about you.” – Israelmore Ayivor
48. “Protect your good image from the eyes of negative viewers, who may look at your good appearance with an ugly fiendish eye, and ruin your positive qualities with their chemical infested tongues.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
49. “Having haters is just a part of the business, and the more haters you have, the more people like you—that’s how I view it because I try to see the positive in things.” – Nick Jonas
50. “I don’t have time, energy, or interest in hating the haters; I’m too busy loving the lovers.” – Steve Maraboli
51. “Haters never win. I just think that’s true about life, because negative energy always costs in the end.” – Tom Hiddleston
52. “Don’t think for one minute that you are any less worthy of love and peace and harmony just because of all the hate spewed by human devils. Because that is what those haters are, you know, devils!” – Scylar Tyberius
53. “They don’t hate you. They hate themselves and take it out on you. There’s a difference.” – Ritu Ghatourey
54. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.” – Criss Jami
55. “Haters teach you to be grateful for the people you love, hard times teach you to be grateful for the times that are good, and God, well, God, teaches you everything you need to know.” – Carniel Dunlop
56. “My mom always said that there would be haters. Not everyone can love ya.” – Joel Madden
57. “You cannot expect to live a positive life if you hang with negative people.” – Joel Osteen
58. “I don’t have time for fake friends anymore. Either be real or be gone.” – Unknown
59. “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.” – Drake
60. “Insecure people put others down to raise themselves up.” – Habeeb Akande
61. “You will face your greatest opposition when you are closest to your biggest miracle.” Shannon L. Alder
62. “A hater’s job is to hate you, and they stay on their job 24/7. So, if you’re expecting them to clock out and leave you alone, think again.” – Sonya Parker
63. “Remember that only God can judge us; forget the haters because someone loves you.” – Miley Cyrus
64. “From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.” – Socrates
65. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” – Bruce Lee
66. “Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” – Sylvestor Stallone (Rocky Balboa)
67. “Stop trying to be liked by everyone. You don’t even like everyone.” – Unknown
68. “You can’t beat me because I want you to win too.” – Unknown
69. “Haters hate because they know what you’re capable of.” – Brad Lea
70. “If someone is giving you hate, they have way bigger problems that you do.” – Ed Mylett
71. “Losers focus on winners. Winners focus on winning.” – Jocko Willink
72. “Some people will hate you just because they see you getting the success they think they deserve from the work they haven’t done.” – Dean Graziosi
73. “They call you lucky, but they have no idea how hard you worked.” – Conor McGregor
74. “We do today what they won’t, so tomorrow we accomplish what they can’t.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
75. “Those who spit hate out their mouth are wildly broken inside. I’m not mad at them. I feel sorry as fuck for them.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
76. “If you hate a person, then you are defeated by them.” – Confucius
77. “Animals don’t hate, and we’re supposed to be better than them.” – Elvis Presley
78. “Throughout life, people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” – Will Smith
79. “Haters are my favorite. I’ve built an empire with the bricks they’ve thrown at me. Keep on hating.” – CM Punk
80. “People that are obsessed with hating you feel flattered. Their whole lives revolve around you.” – Lady Gaga
81. “People who try to bring you down everyday aren’t important in your life, so you better treat their opinions as such.” – Terry Mark
82. “Haters…are all failures. It’s 100% across the board. No one who is truly brilliant at anything is a hater.” – Joe Rogan
83. “There will always be haters. And the more you grow, the more they hate; the more you grow.” – Anthony Liccione
84. “Have you ever met a hater doing better than you? Neither have I.” – Unknown
85. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” – Winston Churchill
86. “Haters are a good problem to have. Nobody hates on the good ones, they hate on the great ones.” – Kobe Bryant
87. “The loudest boost always come from the cheapest seats.” – Babe Ruth
88. “Haters are just confused admirers because they can’t figure out why everyone loves you.” – Paulo Coehlo
89. “If you don’t like me but still watch everything that I do, then let’s face it, you’re a fan.” – Unknown
90. “Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” – Buddha
91. “Have haters? Me too. Don’t have haters? Try harder. Listen to what Grandpa Einstein says: Weak people take revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.” – Richie Norton
92. “Shoutout to my haters, sorry that you couldn’t phase me.” – Nicki Minaj
93. “They hate me because it’s easier than beating me.” – Unknown
94. “Not everyone was meant to be an entrepreneur, but to those who hate, we create your jobs!” – Unknown
95. “I think it bothers people when you’re not out there looking to be accepted by everyone. You’re just doing you and minding your own business. People hate that.” – S. Kinder
96. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
97. “I think that everybody wants to be heard , and the easiest way to be the loudest is to be the hater.” – Tavi Gevinson
98. “Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn’t that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.” – Marilyn Monroe
99. “There will be haters, there will be doubters, there will be non believers. And there will be you proving them wrong.” – Jennifer Van Allen
100. “People will always have their opinion on you despite of who you are and what you are capable of.” – Ana Chable
101. “Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?” – Sean Covey
Why do People Try to Bring You Down?
There are many possible reasons why someone might try to bring you down. Here are a few possibilities:
Jealousy: Sometimes, people try to bring others down to make themselves feel better. They might be jealous of your successes or feel threatened by your abilities.
Insecurity: Some people may try to bring others down as a way of dealing with their own insecurities. They might feel threatened by your confidence or accomplishments and try to bring you down to make themselves feel better.
Personal issues: Sometimes, people’s negative behavior towards others is a reflection of their own personal issues or problems. They might be dealing with low self-esteem, stress, or other challenges that lead them to act in harmful ways toward others.
Misunderstandings: Sometimes, people’s negative actions towards others are based on misunderstandings or miscommunications. They might not fully understand your intentions or actions and thus react negatively.
It’s important to remember that people’s behavior is often a reflection of their own thoughts, feelings, and experiences rather than a reflection of you as a person.
It’s not always easy, but it can be helpful to understand where others are coming from and not take their negativity personally.
How Do I Shut Down Haters?
Dealing with haters can be challenging, but there are a few strategies you can try to help shut them down:
Ignore them: One option is to simply ignore the haters and not engage with their negativity. This can be especially effective if the hater is trying to get a reaction out of you or if their comments are not worth your time or energy.
Respond calmly: If you choose to respond to a hater, try doing so calmly and objectively. This can help diffuse the situation and show that their negativity is not affecting you.
Use humor: If the situation allows, you can use humor to defuse the situation and show that you are not affected by the hater’s negativity.
Set boundaries: It’s important to remember that you do not have to engage with or tolerate negativity or abuse from others. It’s okay to set boundaries and distance yourself from people who are consistently negative or abusive.
Seek support: If you are struggling to deal with haters on your own, it can be helpful to seek support from friends, family, or a therapist. They can provide a listening ear and help you find healthy ways to cope with negativity.
It’s important to remember that you can’t control other people’s actions or words, but you can control how you respond to them.
By focusing on your own well-being and taking care of yourself, you can better handle any negativity that comes your way.
Haters are a fact of life. No matter what we do or say, there will always be someone who disagrees with us, criticizes us, or doesn’t like us for no apparent reason.
Dealing with haters can be difficult, and it’s easy to get caught up in their negativity and let it bring us down.
Instead, focus on the positive things in your life and the people who support and appreciate you. Use things such as this post on quotes for haters to get you back in the pilot’s seat.
Surround yourself with positivity and keep pushing forward.
It’s time to be the pilot of your life and not just the passenger!
7 High-Income Skills to Learn in 2023 (Without Going to College)
9 Leadership Qualities and Skills You Need to Be a Great Leader
Chris Bournelis is a blogger, search engine optimization, and content marketing specialist. He has been working in the online business since 2015. Join him here at ChrisBournelis.com for the best SaaS reviews and tips to get the most out of your online business.