Speedwrite is one of the most popular artificial intelligence writing tools that help marketers (or anyone!) repurpose content without needing to hire a writer. It’s pretty handy, especially if you need to produce different versions of the same content for link-building and other marketing purposes.
The best part?
It doesn’t get flagged as duplicate content. AI is truly making its mark all over the world.
However, Speedwrite is not perfect. One common problem users encounter with the tool is it produces content that’s very different from the original article.
At the same time, it doesn’t allow users to create content from scratch. It’s basically just a rewriting tool.
In addition, it doesn’t offer Google Chrome or Google Docs extension, which is a deal-breaker for me. You also can’t upload a document straight to the tool; your only option is to copy and paste the whole article.
And, of course, the biggest downside of all, there is no free plan. Sure, you have the option to try the software a few times. But you’ll quickly run out of tries, leaving you needing to sign up for a premium plan.
In this post, I will review the pros and cons of the best Speedwrite alternatives you should try if you need help rewriting articles. They all have free options, so there is no need to worry about spending your money upfront.
*Spoiler Alert* If you’re looking for the best Speedwrite alternatives to help you rewrite and create content, my top recommendations are Jasper.ai and Paraphraser.io.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, which can compensate me (at no cost to you – but will buy me a cup of coffee) if you purchase a paid plan. These are products I’ve personally used and stand behind. For more information, you can read our affiliate disclosure here.
Ready? Let’s fly!
What are the Best Speedwrite Alternatives?
Best Overall For AI Writing.
Jasper is your best choice if you’re not only looking for a rewriter but an artificial intelligence (AI) writer. Unlike Speedwrite, that only rewrites content, this tool generates content for various marketing channels such as social media ads, websites, and blogs.
With this software, you can now focus on other significant marketing efforts, such as search engine optimization (SEO) and data analysis. With Jasper, just sit back, relax and let the AI do the writing for you.
- Uses a natural language processing algorithm to generate unique articles that are keyword-rich and plagiarism-free.
- Generates content such as website copy, social media captions, ad copy, product descriptions, essays, and more.
- Creates natural-sounding sentences that are free from grammatical errors.
- Produces high-quality content that can rank in search engines such as Google.
- Comes with over 50 different writing skills that can cater to your content needs.
- Comes with a free plagiarism checker.
- Supports up to 25 languages.
- I like that it can be integrated with SEO tools such as SurferSEO.
- It’s great for generating long-form articles.
- Choose from different sounding tones. The Arnold Schwarzenegger tone is my favorite!
- The free trial only comes with 10,000 words.
- Unfortunately, no built-in fact checker.
This artificial intelligence writing tool offers five days free trial with 10,000 words loaded into the account.
If you want to access the full features, you can subscribe to any of its two plans:
Starter and Boss Mode. The Starter plan starts at $24 per month for 20,000 words, paid annually.
On the other hand, the Boss Mode begins at $49 per month for 50,000 words, paid annually.
You can adjust the number of words you want per month depending on your content needs. The pricing will change depending on the number of words you choose. You also have the option to pay monthly if you are not too sure it’s the right tool straight away.
Oh, did I mention you can get a refund if you’re not 100% happy with the service? Just make sure you do it within the next five days after subscribing to a plan.
Best For Word Changing and Sentence Rephrasing.
If you’re only using Speedwrite to paraphrase articles, Paraphraser.io is the best tool for you. This free automatic text generator allows you to rewrite up to 1,000 words without needing to create an account, unlike Speedwrite.
It has four modes: Fluency, Standard, Creative, and Smarter. Simply copy and paste your article, choose a mode, and it will generate a new unique version of the content for you.
- Comes with a free plagiarism and grammar checker to ensure that your sentences are original and error-free.
- Features an essay rewriter that’s easy to use, even for beginners. (My favorite).
- Has a text summarizer that wraps up a block of text to a specified short length and can condense long articles to main points.
- Can be easily accessed using any browser.
- Allows you to upload files from storage.
- Can paraphrase various languages.
- Highlights the paraphrased text once the rewriting process is completed.
- Editing is easy, thanks to the free grammar checker.
- Has a 1,000-word limit.
- Creative and Smarter modes are not free.
Parphraser.io is excellent for personal use. If you need to access the Smarter and Creative mode, you can get one for only $0 per month. Getting a discount if you pay for a whole year is great, but I only recommend this if you’re sure you’ll use this tool for an entire year. If not, I suggest you use the free modes instead.
Best For Rewriting Text Into High-Quality Content.
Are you looking for a Speedwrite alternative that can rewrite multiple articles in a short period? WordAi is for you. This text generator tool can create various versions of an article that are plagiarism-free.
However, if you keep generating new versions of the same content, it will start to sound unnatural. But apart from that, it’s one of the best rewriting tools available.
- Uses machine learning to figure out the meaning behind each sentence to ensure that your rewritten piece sounds natural.
- I love how it allows you to generate up to 1,000 versions of the same content.
- Fixes any grammar and spelling mistakes if there are any in the original piece.
- Ability to adjust how SEO-friendly or creative the output is.
- Has the option to upload multiple articles in bulk and can rewrite them in just a matter of seconds.
- Something I really liked was the easy-to-use user interface.
- Comes with an API you can use with other tools.
- Can be easily viewed from any device through the browser.
- All rewritten articles pass through Copyscape to ensure that they’re plagiarism free.
- Has an excellent SEO feature that allows you to capture long-tail keywords.
- Has a word limit per month.
- Supports four languages only, unlike other tools.
WordAi is a paid rewriter tool but offers a 3-day free trial, allowing you to experience its magic. On top of the free trial period, this software also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee just in case you’re not happy with its services after you purchase the premium version.
This isn’t a good option if you’re a marketing agency that generates a lot of content. But if you own a business and need to generate content for your website, this is an excellent Speedwrite alternative.
Unfortunately, it is not available with a lifetime subscription, but you can still consider the annual package.
Also, the first 250k words you get spun are covered, and going beyond that will charge you $3 for every extra 10,000 words. That is still a good deal!
If you can complete the first 250,000 words, then all the more power to you. That’s roughly 150 pieces of content at 1,500 words per article. Pretty good in my opinion!
Best For Creating Short Form Content.
If you want a simple writing tool that can generate original content with just a few clicks, Rytr is the one. Unlike Speedwrite, this free tool doesn’t need an existing article to write new and unique content for you.
It uses artificial intelligence to create written copies that you can use for different marketing efforts, such as ads, blogs, and more.
- Has 40+ use cases and templates to choose from, including emails, landing pages, product descriptions, and video descriptions.
- With over 30 languages to pick from, you can generate unique and high-quality pieces for a diverse range of clients.
- Comes with more than 20 tones of voice to achieve a natural-sounding content.
- Uses different copywriting formulas such as PAS and AIDA to provide you with the best output from your related topics or keywords.
- It is perfect for SEO as it has built-in keywords, meta titles, and a description generator.
- Has a knowledge base that will help you navigate through the tool.
- I love the option to choose the tone of your voice.
- Can generate different types of writing.
- The output needs a bit of editing and fact-checking.
- I found it did lack some advanced features compared to other tools.
Rytr offers three plans: Free, Saver, and Unlimited. All of these plans come with all the features and functionalities of the software.
The only difference is the number of characters it generates. For the free plan, you only get 10,000 characters per month, while the Saver gives you 100,000 characters.
I recommend you start with the free plan and see if it fits your needs first. If you find that Rytr is the AI writing tool for you, you can subscribe to the Unlimited plan that puts no limit on the number of characters you generate.
In addition to the unlimited characters, the most expensive plan comes with a dedicated account manager (a great asset, in my opinion), priority support, and access to the premium community.
Best For Essay Checking.
One of the most popular rewriter tools is Quillbot. Like Speedwrite, it allows you to paraphrase sentences by rearranging the text and substituting some words with their synonyms.
It also introduces a new tool called co-writer, which allows the users to research on the platform itself, making it easy for you to generate content quickly.
- Comes with a built-in grammar checker to make editing generated content easy. Meaning you don’t need a Grammarly subscription. (A great feature in my opinion!)
- Has a built-in plagiarism tool to ensure that the output is 100% unique.
- Allows you to summarize long articles with its Summarizer tool.
- Includes a citation generation perfect for academic writers.
- Offers different extensions for Google Chrome, Google Docs, and Microsoft Word.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use UI.
- Useful for academic writers.
- Comes with a lot of tools.
- The grammar checker isn’t as powerful compared to other AI-writing tools.
- Not suitable for long-form content.
- The plagiarism checker can only scan 20 pages a month.
Quillbot comes in two versions: free and premium. The free version is perfect as a Speedwrite alternative since it comes with basic rewriting and summarizing features, although it has a character limit.
If you want to enjoy all of its features, the paid version is only $10, billed monthly. If you’ve decided this is the tool for you, you can opt-in to pay semi-annually or yearly to get a discount on your subscription.
The plagiarism checker is one thing I don’t like about the paid version. Even if you’re already paying a monthly fee, you’re only allowed to scan up to 20 pages. If you end up consuming those, you need to pay extra.
Best For Getting Over Writer’s Block.
Another Speedwrite alternative that you should try is Spinbot. As the name gives it away, it is an excellent spinner and paraphrasing tool that allows you to rewrite text without creating an account.
It is used by millions of people and provides a fresh new take on boring content. It’s perfect for getting over writer’s block, but marketers can also take advantage of this software!
- It can rewrite up to 10k characters at once, unlike other Speedwrite alternatives that can only do it with much fewer characters.
- Comes with an adjustable slider, allowing you to choose how wordy or concise your output is.
- Allows you to spin an article in a few clicks without signing up for an account.
- Has an API that offers a proofreading tool.
- Has an ignore field to ensure that AI won’t change specific names, numbers, and words.
- Completely free.
- Requires additional editing after every paraphrasing.
- Users have to deal with captcha and ads with every use.
If you’re not ready to spend some cash on a Speedwrite alternative, this is for you. Spinbot is entirely free, with no registration required, as long as you keep the ads and captcha. Just copy and paste your content, and the AI will rewrite the text for you.
Best For Freelancers.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one writing assistant, Outwrite is an ideal choice. It comes with features that Speedwrite doesn’t offer, like the Google Chrome extension (and other apps), grammar, and a plagiarism checker.
However, this software is better for rewriting sentences and paragraphs than spinning a whole article. You can still rewrite an entire article using this tool, but it will take time.
- Comes with an advanced grammar tool that can instantly correct grammar, spelling, and capitalization errors.
- Can be integrated into various apps, including Microsoft Word, Google Docs, WordPress, and more.
- Shows readability and grade level scores in real-time.
- Offers style suggestions to improve the quality and flow of your writing.
- Provide extensions for various browsers.
- Optimizes your text for readability and clarity.
- Allows you to configure rewriting to target specific readers.
- The free plan only offers grammar and plagiarism tools.
- You need an account to try the software.
Outwrite’s free plan doesn’t offer much compared to many other AI-writing tools. If you want to access its paraphrasing tool, you have to avail the Pro or Teams plan.
The Pro plan is perfect for individuals who wish to improve their writing. But if you manage a team, it’s best to go with the Teams plan. It has the complete feature, plus team features that will make writing easy.
What Can I Use Instead of Speedwrite?
There are plenty of software tools you can use instead of Speedwrite.
Here are my top two recommendations:
1. Paraphraser.io is perfect if you need a tool to paraphrase existing content.
2. If you need help creating content from scratch, Jasper.ai is the best tool.
What is Speedwrite Used For?
Speedwrite is a simple AI copywriting tool that allows you to rephrase and paraphrase sentences to create unique content.
It is an automatic text generator that will enable users to repurpose content without needing to hire new writers.
Simply copy or paste text, hit “predict,” and the AI will start rewriting your content.
Can I Use Speedwrite for Free?
Yes, you can use Speedwrite for free. However, there’s a limit on how many times you can use this tool. Once you’ve run out of tries, you’ll need to sign up for a plan.
If you’re not ready to subscribe to a plan, you can choose from the alternatives I’ve listed above.
As digital marketers, we understand that content is king. But we can only do so much, especially if we have other tasks to focus on. So, what’s the best way to increase productivity? Take advantage of tools readily available at your disposal, and Speedwrite is an excellent one. But there are many other great tools you can try.
So, if you’re looking for a Speedwrite alternative, I recommend Jasper.ai and Paraphraser.io. They’re free and packed with features that will help you grow your content.
Of course, one final caveat is that these are writing aids only. They are perfect for overcoming writer’s block and getting you moving on with the article.
As great as they are with all of their technology, they can’t write with emotion as well as humans can.
You will definitely have fun using these tools, and I look forward to seeing what you can create!
It’s time to be the pilot of your life and not just the passenger.
Chris Bournelis is a blogger, search engine optimization, and content marketing specialist. He has been working in the online business since 2015. Join him here at ChrisBournelis.com for the best SaaS reviews and tips to get the most out of your online business.